Berardo opens new museum with help from European funds

The project is financed by the ERDF with a budget of 2,587 million euros and is a partnership with the Municipality of Estremoz

The Berardo Estremoz Museum, dedicated to tiles, will be inaugurated on July 25 and had a European co-financing of 75%, which corresponds to 2,587 million euros, with the remaining 25% supported by resources from the Collections Association. European funds are granted on a non-refundable basis.

According to the news reported by “Expresso”, this Saturday, it is a partnership with the City Council of Estremoz signed in July 2016 and based on a protocol for the space and parts to be handed over to the municipality. The latter undertakes to manage the museum, whose owner is the Associação de Collections, an entity created by the Madeiran businessman in 2005.

The protocol that starts now is in force for five years and renewable. The rehabilitation project of the Palácio dos Henriques - a pre-Pombaline building also known as Palácio Tocha, located in the noble center of Estremoz - and the museum was created by the Regional Operational Program of Alentejo in January 2017, with a completion date June 30, 2020.

Recommended

Fires: Aerial means join fire fighting in Gerês park

Aerial means joined this afternoon to fight the fire that has plowed since Saturday in Lindoso, Ponte da Barca, after having lifted the fog that prevented the aerial combat in the morning, said a Civil Protection source.

Trees grow in Pinhal de Leiria but on the ground there is a lack of resources and delays

There are thousands of pine trees growing in the National Forest of Leiria, three years after the fire that destroyed 86% of the forest in Marinha Grande. The State speaks of a high rate of regeneration, but on the ground there is criticism, asking for more means.

Covid-19: Consumer management issues four masks alerts on the same day

Four models of masks with insufficient retention of particles in the filtering material were, in a single day, the subject of alerts from the Directorate-General for Consumers (DGC) and the European rapid alert system for non-food products (Rapex).
Comments