Portugal with 1.528 infected home users and 145 hospitalized, estimates Government

According to António Lacerda Sales of a universe of 11.285 users, the current panorama of the country in number of infected in homes points to 1.528 cases.

Portugal records 1.528 cases of home users infected with the new coronavirus, 58 fewer than on Sunday, with 145 hospitalized and 303 awaiting test results, the Secretary of State for Health said today.

According to António Lacerda Sales of a universe of 11.285 users, the current panorama of the country in number of infected in homes points to 1.528 cases.

"There are 58 fewer than yesterday [Sunday], 145 are hospitalized and 303 are awaiting results," said the official who was speaking at the balance sheet press conference about the covid-19 pandemic in Portugal.

António Lacerda Sales also added 707 professionals working in this sector infected with a universe of 9.797.

Before, the coordinator of the covid-19 suppression office in Lisbon and Vale do Tejo (LVT), Rui Portugal, questioned about the situation of a specific home, in São Domingos de Rana, in the municipality of Cascais, had already taken stock cases in homes in that region.

As for the home of São Domingos de Rana, this one died and 41 of the 46 users are infected, adding up to six professionals.

Rui Portugal also spoke about the Casa de Vale de Lobos, in the municipality of Sintra, which has, he said, “16 positive cases” and “an institution in Barreiro with 19 cases”.

On this topic, the Director-General of Health, Graça Freitas, admitted that "homes continue to be a major concern", remembering that "Portugal has adopted the international policy that is the protection of the most vulnerable".

“Guidelines are currently being adapted and updated so that the effectiveness of combating outbreaks at home is even greater than that which is taking place. Rules must be followed. It is the professionals who introduce the virus into homes, so once again I appeal to professionals to comply with all rules and minimize the possibility of infection, ”said Graça Freitas.

The director-general also called for "to quickly alert the first cases".

“The precocity with which the health authority is alerted is important. In case of suspicion or abnormal situation, report it immediately. The faster the intervention, the faster the case contention ”, he concluded.

Portugal today registers four more deaths caused by covid-19 than on Sunday and another 266 infected, about 85% of which in the Lisbon and Tagus Valley Region, the Directorate-General for Health announced today.

According to the DGS epidemiological bulletin, the number of deaths related to covid-19 today amounts to 1.568 people while the confirmed cases since the beginning of the pandemic total 41.912 infected.

Data from the DGS report indicate that, of the total number of deaths recorded to date, by age group, the highest number is registered among people aged 80 or over (1.051), followed by the age group between 70 and 79 ( 302).

Among the population aged between 60 and 69 years, there are 143 deaths, in addition to 50 deaths among people aged between 50 and 59 years.

Between 40 and 49 years old there were 18 deaths, two between 30 and 39 years old and two between 20 and 29 years old.

In global terms, the age group most affected by the disease is 40 to 49 years old (6.982), followed by the age group between 30 and 39 years old (6.677) and people aged between 50 and 59 years old (6.590) ).

Read more
Recommended

Portugal has 'stock' and immediate access to remediate drug

Infarmed also revealed that, after contacting the titular laboratory, it confirmed that "it anticipates that there will be no constraint in access to treatment by Portuguese patients, with the guarantee of joint monitoring of the situation".

WHO warns of impact of pandemic on women, children and adolescents

many countries are experiencing disruptions in routine health services, such as immunizations, family planning and antenatal care, support for sick children and malnutrition management, ”said Tedros Ghebreyesus.

Neeleman agrees to leave TAP, but final agreement depends on remaining Azul shareholders

David Neeleman agrees to leave the capital of TAP for an amount between 45 and 55 million euros. But Brazilian company Azul will have to cede the right to convert the 90 million euro bond loan it made to the Portuguese company into capital. Final agreement depends on shareholders of Azul who have yet to assess the condition imposed by the State and “need more time” for a decision, according to a source close to the process.
Comments