This Thursday, October 29, the featured event will be the meeting of Governors of the European Central Bank
Among the main themes that the Board of Governors has on the agenda is deflation and the impact of a second wave of the pandemic in the euro area. Analysts do not foresee changes to the ECB's emergency debt purchase program at this meeting, anticipating that the central bank should only move forward with news in December, but attention will be focused on what Christine Lagarde might signal at the press conference after the meeting .
Other events in focus:
- At 11 am, at the Assembly of the Republic, a hearing will be held with the Court of Auditors on the State Budget (OE) for 00; at 2021:16, the hearing with the Minister of Science on OE 00;
- INE will publish Business and Consumer Surveys; data on tourist activity; monthly employment and unemployment estimates, as well as housing price statistics at the local level;
- Eurostat will release quarterly statistics on the sale of homes;
- European Commission publishes consumer and business confidence indexes for the euro area in October;
- The estimate of US GDP in the third quarter will be known.